Thursday, October 15, 2009

Biodiversity Clearing House Mechanism Grenada - Grenada CHM Home

Biodiversity Clearing House Mechanism Grenada - Grenada CHM Home

Shared via AddThis

CLICK TO SEE MY PUBLICATION: NATIONAL CAPACITY SELF ASSESSMENT, CROSS CUTTING ANALYSIS on Disaster Management, Socioeconomic issues, Ecological Issues and Technology.

Once you get past the manditory boring beginning, I tried not to let it be as boring as most of these kinds of publications are....

Anyway, the site is Grenada's official website hosted by the UN Convention on Biological Diversity - it's going to be the information clearing house for biodiversity news, actions, networking etc. when it's finished. I'm a self-promoting fan, because one of my publications is on it - published under Jen Deveney. We had a lot of 'issues' getting this publication to completion and I had to rework a final draft in less than a week, so pleeease, if you're mad enough to take the time to read it - try not to notice my writing errors! :o)

In the meantime, I'm off to finish my last four illustrations of Grenada's Constitutional Rights for the Arts Council. For some reason, the last four are the hardest ones to complete!

I've also recently been informed that my painting of the Grenada Dove will be on the cover of the next National Communication on Biodiversity. I'm really happy for that additional exposure, because it wasn't easy to donate my art in these hard economic times.

Just in case you wondered; "National Communications" are reports governments file to the Administering Officers of UN Conventions: Such as the Biodiveristy Convention, Climate Change (well...depending on Summit in November!) and so forth letting the UN know how they're gettting on with the promises they made when then signed all these agreements. Mostly it's a lot of paper shuffling, which the UN is really good at, but I have seen some changes in recent years where they seem to be trying (maybe, kinda, sorta) to put more money towards things that actually....you know, have tangible impact! Cuz time is running out n' all....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments and discussion among readers! However, all comments are moderated to ensure the board is not used for spam.