Thursday, January 31, 2013

THE BLUE ECONOMY

I am not really a big fan of changing labels on global movements, because it takes an awfully long time for new ideas to catch on. 20 years ago, my classmates in the first graduating class of Environmental Studies at York University Canada were talking about 'green economics'. Precious few others were. Now, the concept of a 'green economy' is starting to go mainstream....which is good! But like most things, once it goes global and has a bunch of hands on it - the original concept gets washed out.

So as the Green Economy gets muddied by the Brown Economy (brown refers to the status quo for anyone asking) - the concept is revitalized with a new label:

THE BLUE ECONOMY.

I like it. And I like this minimalist video that explains so succinctly the common sense foundation to it all.

I am expecting to embark on a contract to draft an Economic Stimulus Plan for the Hotel Sector in Grenada starting Monday. I will do my best to integrate as much of this thinking into it as possible because it will save my clients money, open up new markets and protect the environment.

Let's see what a good saleswoman I am!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments and discussion among readers! However, all comments are moderated to ensure the board is not used for spam.